Eric Brand, Owner
In 1989, Eric Brand took over the operation of P & L Landscaping from his brother, Lee, and his friend, Pete with 6 lawns to mow, he set out to build a landscaping company based on outstanding customer service and quality workmanship. Under Eric’s direction and vision, P & L Landscaping, LLC has grown to serve customers throughout southern New Hampshire. In 2008, P & L Landscaping expanded into its new Material Center location in Merrimack, NH, now with over 30 members in the P & L Landscaping team.
A graduate of Nashua High School, Eric has completed college and certification training courses in a broad range of landscape design and business management areas. These include:
• “Techo-Pro” Certified Contractor
• “Hunter” Irrigation Specialist
• International Concrete Paving Institute (ICPI) certification
• National Concrete Masonry Association (NCMA) certification
• One of the first to receive UNH’s T2 certification in winter salt reduction for commercial salt applicators
• The only “Certified Aquascape Installer” in New Hampshire
• Under his leadership, P & L Landscaping has earned its A+ rating as an accredited status member of the NH Better Business Bureau (BBB).
• Green Snow Pro Certified
Over the years, Eric has strived for excellence in the industry and community. Eric has testified in Concord, advocating for both the industry and community.
• 2003 Stateline Irrigation Sales Achievement Award
• 2006 Hunter Irrigation Gold Achievement Award
• 2008 Finalist for “Landscaper of the Year” a national contest through Landscape Care Magazine
• 2009 Top 100 snow plow contractor, through Snow Magazine
• 2009 Earned the designation of “CSP” Certified Snow Professional through Snow and Ice Management, the vigorous training included Subcontracting, Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, Snow and Ice Sciences and Snow Plowing Techniques. Eric was one of the first 100 landscapers nationwide to achieve this level of certification
• 2010 Nashua Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year Nominee
• 2011, 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2018 “Best of Nashua”, Nashua Telegraph
• 2011-2014 Board Member, Merrimack Chamber of Commerce, Board President 2012, Golf committee, scholarship committee, gala committee
• 2012, 2013 & 2016 “Best of Souhegan Region” Cabinet Press
• 2012 Graduate from the Leadership Greater Nashua program
• 2012 Volunteer of the year, from the Nashua Chamber of Commerce, Eminence Awards.
• 2014 Inducted to the “Hall of Fame” with the Boys and Girls club of greater Nashua.
• 2014 – Current Eric was appointed to the “Governors Commission on Disabilities, Architectural and Barrier Free Design Committee”, appointed as Chairman in 2015-Current.
• 2014 Received the first “Salt of the Earth” award from Senator Morse at the first NH Salt Symposium
• 2014 Nominated for small business of the year, from Enterprise Bank
• 2014-2016 Committee member for NH Salt Symposium
• 2016 Business Leader of the Year, Merrimack Chamber of Commerce
• 2016 NH Parent Involvement in Education Recognition Award
• 2016 – Present, Gateways Legislative committee member
• 2016 Nashua Chamber of Commerce Business Person of the Year Nominee
• 2017 Merri Goyette Award, from City Arts Nashua
• 2019 “Small Business of the Year” Nashua Chamber of Commerce
Eric is an active member of The Greater Manchester/Nashua Area Home Builders & Remodelers Association (GMNHBRA) and the Nashua and Merrimack Chambers of Commerce. He is a past president of the Merrimack Chamber of Commerce and sat on numerous committees.
Eric is a 2012 graduate of the Leadership Series from the NH Institute on Disabilities. Also in 2012, Eric participated in The Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce “Leadership of Greater Nashua” training and was the project leader of the Legacy Playground Project, which opened in 2016.
A busy year in 2012, Eric worked with the Merrimack Chamber of Commerce and The professional firefighters of Merrimack to collect supplies for those effected by Hurricane Sandy. Eric drove to NYC on two occasions bringing over 20,000 LBS of supplies in total to those in need.
Eric completed the Volunteer Advocacy training program through PIC (Parent Information Center), during the fall of 2012. Eric and his family donate their time and support to numerous local non-profits. Eric is a father of three. He currently enjoys running, completing (7) ½ marathons, along with many other road race and obstacle challenges, including finishing the Spartan Race Tri-Fecta in 2017. Eric is currently working on hiking the 48 4,000’ mountains in NH, completing 23 of them to date with his youngest son.
Jay Monahan, General Manager
Jay Monahan is the General Manager of P&L Landscaping LLC., and has been with the company since 1991. He spent the first 10 years out in the field learning the industry and the business. Once the company grew to a size that required an additional Account Manager, Jay was promoted into an office role. Jay currently oversees all the day to day operations as well as managing all of his accounts.
Jay has earned certificates from both the International Concrete Paving Institute (ICPI) and National Concrete Masonry Association (NCMA). Jay has also completed Rain Bird’s Advanced System Design, Bidding Estimating and Contract Writing program and Irrigation Training Camp. Jay completed the Hunter Institute of Irrigation Bidding and Estimating Workshop. In 2001 Stateline Irrigation presented him with their annual award recognizing him as the industries “Key Person of the Year.”
Jay grew up in the Nashua NH area and currently lives in Merrimack NH with his Wife and daughter. Jay graduated from Nashua High South in 1991, as well as completed college courses in Small Business Management. He is an avid New England sports fan. When he is not on the golf course, Jay enjoys spending time with his family, friends and his dog Tuukka.
Scott Langevin, Sales Manager
Bill Mullen, Office Manager
Bill joined the P & L Landscaping team in late 2017. In his role as Office Manager he works on nearly all day-to-day aspects of our fast-growing company.
Bill has over 25 years of experience in the finance and accounting area. Previously, Bill has worked for Bellemore Heating Oil and Chappell Tractor, both of which won Small Business of the Year for the Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce, making P&L Landscaping his third company to win such an honor.
Bill grew up in Woonsocket, RI and graduated from Woonsocket High School where he played both baseball and basketball. He obtained his BS in Economics from SNHU, where he played baseball, and earned his MBA, with a concentration in Accounting, also from SNHU. He resides in Manchester and enjoys golf, darts, pool, and cards. He is an avid New England sports fan, enjoys spending time with his two sons, and has a great love for animals.
Amanda Cabral, Materials Manager
Amanda joined the P & L Landscaping team in early 2019 as our Materials Manager. She has over 10 years of experience in administrative management roles and has spent the last two years fine tuning her skills in the construction industry.
While she is new to our company, Amanda has already proven her value to our team. She believes that the true success of any business starts and ends with effective communication. Our relationships with our team, customers and vendors are of the utmost importance to her. She strives each day to ensure she has done all that she can to enable all of these facets of our business to be well taken care of.
Amanda grew up in the Nashua area and graduated from Nashua High School South in 2007. She later attended Rivier University. Amanda lives in Nashua with her husband, Keith and two sons, Oliver and Samuel. She enjoys spending her free time with her family and friends, painting, reading and is an avid Patriots fan.