Spring is a great time to get started on landscape maintenance. Below are some tips to help you maintain your yard and garden to both keep them healthy and make you the envy of the neighborhood.
- Clean up debris: Start by clearing any leaves, branches, or other debris that may have accumulated over the winter. This will help your lawn and garden look neat and tidy.
- Prune trees and shrubs: Spring is a great time to prune trees and shrubs before new growth appears. Remove any dead or damaged branches and shape the plants as needed.
- Check irrigation systems: Make sure your irrigation system is working properly before you start watering your plants. Check for leaks, clogs, and other issues that may affect the performance of your system.
- Add mulch: Adding mulch to your garden beds can help retain moisture and suppress weeds. Apply a layer of two to three inches of mulch around your plants, being careful not to cover the stems or trunks.
- Fertilize: Spring is a good time to fertilize your lawn and garden. Choose a fertilizer that is appropriate for your plants and apply it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Plant new flowers and vegetables: Spring is the perfect time to plant new flowers and vegetables. Choose plants that are appropriate for your climate and soil conditions and follow planting instructions carefully.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your yard and garden look their best this spring. If you need help with any of the above, please contact us and we’d be happy to discuss how we can help.